A) Training Agricultural value Chain Actors in Appropriate Technologies
B) Linking Agricultural Actor to Credit and Markets
C) Value Chain Analysis and Agribusiness Market System Development
FOUR (4) DAYS AQUAPONICS TRAINING COURSE
- Aquaponics Course Descriptor:
- Introductions, Greenhouse inspection and overview
- Planning the Farm, Finance, Materials, Infrastructure.
- How does it work? Nitrogen cycle, pH, O2, Disease & Nutrients.
- Filtration. Types, choices
- Crop choice, Plants and fish. How to
- Marketing (1) my product/business, variation to pricing and value adding, branding
- Introduction to local/state legals
- Design, Construct, Erect. Construction methods/choice
Hydroponic components. Aquaculture components
- Greenhouse considerations. Covered growing
- Choices in Grow Media
- Wicking beds.
- Insect control, disease control in plants / fish
- Microbiology & water chemistry
- Q & A session
- Design discussions. Build plans, components.
- Farm case study.
- Nutrient availability and distribution in regard to farm infrastructure design.
- Plumbing, Pumps, Solar, Backup, Legals (2)
- Construct, assemble and erect. (2)
- Greenhouse technology, heating, cooling
- FloMedia technology and its additions and variations
- Bio security
- Marketing (2) Internet, Sundry marketing, Farm gate sales +
- Final Q&A session.