Saturday 3rd June 2017 from 8:30AM-5:00PM
Data Capital International announces one day training in data analysis using Statistical Package of Social Scientists (SPSS) scheduled for 3rd June 2017. SPSS is a widely used program for statistical analysis in social science. It is also used by market researchers, health researchers, survey companies, government, education researchers, marketing organizations, data miners, and others. In addition to statistical analysis, data management (case selection, file reshaping, creating derived data) and data documentation (a metadata dictionary was stored in the data file) are features of the base software.
The package manages Descriptive statistics: Cross tabulation, Frequencies, Descriptives, Explore, Descriptive Ratio Statistics; Bivariatestatistics: Means, t-test, ANOVA, Correlation (bivariate, partial, distances), Nonparametric tests; Prediction for numerical outcomes: Linear regression; Prediction for identifying groups: Factor analysis and cluster analysis (two-step, K-means, hierarchical) etc.
The command syntax programming of SPSS gives it the benefits of reproducibility, simplifying repetitive tasks, and handling complex data manipulations and analyses. SPSS provides an opportunity for effective data management. It makes data analysis quicker because the program knows the location of the cases and variables. SPSS key capabilities include data management, statistical analysis, graphics, simulations, regression, and custom programming. It’s much easier and better than SAS and Eviews for deeper analysis and presentation of results.
- Aligning research tools to study objectives and anlysis
- Skills of managing FGDs, KIIs and individual interviews
- Skill of coding questionnaires, data editing and cleaning
- Skill of developing a data entry template/screens
- Mastering data entry in a given template,
- Univeriate, Bivariate and Multivariate data analysis procedures
- Interpretation of analysis outputs and writing reports
Who should attend?
Planners, students, data collectors, M&E officers, Bankers, those intending to do masters and those who have basic knowledge of analysis and would like to master usage of the software. It is important to refresh and upgrade your status in data analysis and management.
- Training will take place at Makerere University;
- Training will take place at Makerere University and registration is done at Makerere University Pharmacy Building skills room 5;
- Training costs only Ugshs 100,000/=for each participant. Please pick your receipt after paying; This money includes installation of the package soft ware, lunch, breakfast and;
- Training certificate that shall be offered the same day;
- Please come with your own laptop and an extension cable where possible;
- This training will offer you with hands-on skills, present you with an opportunity to interact with a range of participants and leveraging Job opportunities;
- Deadline for registration is 2nd June 2017 at 4:00pm;
Call Robert: 0782 552979 or Justine:+256704279568 for inquiries, or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org